Monday 14 March 2016

Tail section work

Finally getting back to the plane again. I have been waiting on parts for the tail section as I cannot complete the mid section until I have all the wiring done in the tail.
There are two lights on the tail on each side. Top ones are amber and bottom ones are white or clear.
You can see the LED now attached to the lens.
Here you can see the tail to mid section break. Not all that unlike the full scale. I will want to be able to remove the tail section for maintenance or replacement of servos etc. so I have to be able to unplug all the wires at the joint. Unfortunately all of the wires are long and so I will need to cut them and put a male and female plug on each one. The tail is also the most difficult section to work on so I took some scrap honey comb cardboard and made up a stand to hold it so I can work on it without damage to the tail and my neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment