Tuesday 5 November 2013

Hatches, Lights, Speed Brakes And The Tail



To make the various inspection panels look more realistic I have masked them off and then takes some 00 steel wool and carefully swept them in one direction. If you do this do not go back and forth but only in one direction. If when done you do not like the direction you can start over and go in another direction.




Holes for light lens.  I have some lens to go into the 4 locations on the tail and have cut out the holes for them prior to the flight metal going on.




Speed breaks.  Before I can flight metal the speed breaks I first need to paint them. I will also paint the inner workings of the speed break system as well.



Tail section. I am waiting for the flight metal to arrive from the US so I can complete the metal work on the tail section.




Tail hook. At this time I might as well do the tail hook so I have cut out the hole in the bottom of the tail and have started to build the tail hook compartment and spring system that will allow it to move downward slightly when the chute compartment opens as the real one did.

No comments:

Post a Comment