Thursday 16 January 2014

Details, Details .... It Has To Be Done To Look Real


Applying the flight metal for the center section of the fuse is complete and now the detail work will need to be done. You can see that there are some grey painted areas on the fuse and vertical fin but alas the colour grey that I used which looked correct by the label is too dark and blue in colour so I will repaint them.



There are many fasteners for access hatches and to remove the aluminum skin for access to parts of the planes internals. I need to turn what looks like a rivet to a fastener by putting an impression with my little tool on the head. 


Since the plane I am modeling would be new and only recently delivered to the air force it does not have a lot of weathering or grime. Also the fasteners are not too corroded or worn. I have tried mixing a water based paint to simulate nickel plated fasteners. They have a slight gold tint to them with the slot being more worn and having a bit of corrosion or rusting but not too much. I am still experimenting but think I may have an acceptable colour.



I just use a small paint brush and wait until the paint thickens (dries up) so it will stick to the head of the simulated fastener.

As this process will take time I will not put any more about this on the blog but instead will show the installation of the chute deployment system and the work that I will be starting on the forward section of the fuse instead. If you have any comments please feel free to send them to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment