Thursday 12 December 2013

Gearing Up The Wheel Wells

Before I get started on the flight metal for the center section of the plane I decided I would clean up the wheel wells with panels and paint etc. Although there is not much likely hood of anyone seeing inside when the plane is on the ground I just don't like the look of the open well as it is not very tidy or scale.

These panels were in with the kit with no mention of their purpose or what to do with them. Once I found out that they were for the wheel well then it became a bit of a puzzle that needed solving.

Parts for one wheel well

Open well before panels are installed

Wheel well with panels installed

I made the one that is installed now removable so I can access the door rams and the hydraulic connections for service.



No comments:

Post a Comment